Sunday, February 25, 2007

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic Maduro

7 X 48 MADURO

(a litlle history of the line from http://www.cigarfamily.com/our_cigars_hemingway.html )

"My grandfather always made Cuban Perfecto Cigars. Perfecto cigars were very, very, popular during the 1920's 30's and 40's. I remember when I was growing up in the factory, we made a lot of cigars that were Perfecto shaped. We made Perfectos by hand and as time went by there were less and less cigar makers rolling Perfectos, because these cigar makers were older, they retired, they passed away. It took a real master to make a true Cuban Perfecto cigar. The Perfectos my grandfather used to make were called Arturo Fuente Fancy Tales, Tales T-A-L-E-S. I think the last time they were made was back in the 1960's, or early 1970's and that was it. We stopped making Cuban Perfectos for many years.

We used to make, maybe twenty cigars a day just for ourselves to smoke and enjoy. That first cigar is what is known today as the Hemingway Signature 6" x 47. The Signature was introduced in 1983 and that was the only shape available until around 1988 when we introduced the Classic and the Masterpiece. About that same time my father wanted to develop something totally different, unseen in cigars. So we started fooling around with a very short cigar, which was only for our own personal use. That cigar became the Short Story.

The Hemingway cigars have a very warm place in my heart and in my memories. It is very pleasing for me to remember watching these cigars being made by my grandfather, and to think that these cigars are now made in our factory in the Dominican Republic. That is very fulfilling. I hope that you enjoy the Hemingway cigars and what they mean to myself and our family."

Carlos Fuente Jr.


Ah from the very beginning this baby was a gem. Opened the cello and the aroma hit me right away: distinctively hemingway, but hints of cocoa and coffee too. Mmmmmm. I am not one of those that usually takes forever fodling my cigar before lighting but this baby deserved the attention. A beautiful firm cigar with a nice shiny maduro wrapper that smelled like a dream. I told Carrie that they should make porpurri out of these they smell so good, I almost felt bad bruning it.

But it did not stop me.As always the Hemingway Perfecto lit and burned perfectly, and produce plumes of luscious smoke. This is simply a delicious cigar. Its like a Hemiingway, but different (duh, right?). In its Cameroon version, its a little tangy and spicy, but in this version, it was clearly hemingway, but riiiiiich, with chocolate and coffee and creamier and more refined, with flavors floating in and out throught the whole process. One of the best cigars I have had in a while, and worth every minute of the 1:45 it took to smoke the leisurely burn. My only complaint: it wasnt longer.

Obviously HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

TomC

1 comment:

Jeebus said...

oooo creamy!!!!!

i got to get a maduro