Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Miss My Puppies!

Murphy, on the left, & Colby!



I really haven't felt much like blogging recently, or reading to find stuff to talk about, or smoking cigars to review, or anything at all really. Lately I have been pretty down in the dumps. I don't think I am going to go in depth about that here today except to say, I miss my puppies.

You see there was a time when I was happily married and live in a nice white house in Central Ohio. My Ex, the February before we were married, saved a lab puppy from the pound and gave it to me. I had always wanted a dog, and because I had grown up in a more urban setting, it was not a possibility growing up. I was thrilled, and named him Murphy.

A few months after the wedding a friend of mine who was originally from Washington State, had to return their suddenly. After a bit of fuss we were able to save him too. He was Beagle/Pit Bull mix named Colby. It was probably the closest thing I have had to a family of my own to this point.

Especially since the ex and I split. For almost a year while we were splitting, it felt like Murph and Colby were all I had for support on many lonely nights, which made it especially hard when I had to give the house (and puppies) up and finally move on. While ultimately it was a good decision for me, I still from time to time, wish I still had them. Today is one of those times.



Oh well,

TomC

No comments: