Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Favorite Video Games

(Joanna Dark)

In a post on my pseudo blog today I mentioned that felt old when I was thinking about the new, slick Joanna Dark that Microsoft and Rare have for the XBOX 360 game Perfect Dark Zero. Also I commented in this post that I don't necessarily need the best graphics ever to think a game is good. Well, I thought I would show you some of my favorite games during my most intensive gaming years to compare with the graphics of today to show a comparison. Mind you that these games are for the N64.

Starting with the original Perfect Dark:



This was the top of the crop of multi player first person shooters at the time. For all of us fans of the original Goldeneye 64 this seemed like as good as it could get. Not only were there cutting edge graphics, multi use weapons, but you could play four play at a time and at four computer controlled bots! (the game got a little choppy then but who cares!). I wasted many a hour on this great game.

The Second Game is MarioKart 64, which is one of the most fun cart games ever! (both the SNES and the GameCube versions of this game are equally as good!):



And Last but not least were the games The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask:





When I first started playing Ocarina of Time and stepped out on to Hyrule field, I was hooked on videogaming. There seemed to me there was nothing as realistic as this game ever. I bet that that response would garner snickers now:

TomC

No comments: