Saturday, March 3, 2007

A. Turrent 2000 Corona



5 1/2" X 44, Natural

Okay I am always up to try new cigars, I mean there have been some great discoveries I have made by trying smokes I knew very little of. So, when the chance to try the A. Turrent 2000 arrived, I jumped at the chance. Lets see how it turned out!

I don't fell up to the big formal reviews I do sometimes, and maybe the cigar doesnt really warrant it. This little box pressed corona looked okay, clipped well and was okay with draw and burn were good. Now taste. . . . Well I was a little leery when, before even starting their advertising for the brand Corona Cigar said this:

"Mexican tobacco got a bad name during the cigar boom. And it was unfair, because it was untrained people trying to get a share of the boom market that gave it a bad name – it wasn’t the tobaccos fault it was misused. Cigars from all over were being overproduced, but for some reason Mexican cigars received the brunt of the blame. Thank goodness for families like the Turrents who know how to make a great cigar. They are responsible for proving outdated stereotypes wrong and returning the good name to Mexican tobacco. "

sounds like a RED FLAG to me, if I ever heard one. Alas the red flag proved warranted. This was not a very good cigar. It did not have a ton of flavor, and what flavor it did have was not good. It tasted vegetal and a little sour. Alas for the first time in a long time I have to say, DO NOT BUY THIS CIGAR.

So sad

TomC

1 comment:

Jeebus said...

that's a shame!!!!