Monday, July 30, 2007

Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 Double Corona

Origin: Honduras
Size: 7.00 x 50
Wrapper: Habano 2000

Appearance: It has been a long time since I have last smoked one of these cigars, and in that time I forgot how pretty these cigars are. Box pressed and wrapped tight in a beautiful cinnamon red smooth veinless wrapper. Tasty Looking. One thing I did notice was that this cigar was packed pretty and wrapped very firmly, and I was curious to how this would affect the smoke.

Pre-Light: Clip was easy and flush. Prelight draw was just perfect. Could not be better. The prelight notes were spicy and tangy, with a little earthiness.

Burn/Draw: The burn and draw of this cigar were indicative of how well it was made. The burn was of the razor straight "light and forget" variety. Gotta love it. The draw was just easy enough to produce the volume of smoke I enjoy, but not to free to allow the cigar to burn too hot. The ash on this cigars was bright white, and firm, and held as long as I wanted it to. Like I said, a well made cigar.

Flavors: This cigar started with a big burst of pepper. After that calmed down a bit I noticed deep rich notes like black coffee and a very pleasant tanginess. Toward the last third of the cigar the pepper kicked back into gear and an earthy undertone made itself known. Overall this is a great cigar. It burned well, was quite flavorful and was pretty to look at as well. Very much recommended.

TomC

No comments: