Thursday, August 2, 2007

Red Sox Update : Start August Eight Games Up

(Sox Top The Heap!)
(Bobby Doerr)(Doug Mirabelli Jacked One Out)(Super Coco!)(Hideki Okajima has been quite a find!)(Red Sox New Reliever, #83 Eric Gagne!)(Firing Away!)


I know I haven't been keeping up on the Red Sox as much as I wanted to this summer, but It has been hard. For a while my computer died and I had limited access to the internet. Other things took priority, because like I said originally, I will post about the Sox, but this is not a Red Sox Blog. Well hopefully now, I can get back to posting about it as much as I would like.

Well since the last time I posted about the Red Sox (Schilling's One Hitter on June 8th) The red Sox have been decent, seven games over the .500 mark with a record 27-21, over that time they saw their lead in the division lose 2.5 games but it is still a healthy 8 over the second place Yankees. Interesting notes are that Curt Schilling has been on the Disabled list almost all the time since that start on June 8 (see my post about watching Schilling Rehab in Toledo), but his spot in the rotations has been filled admirably by Kason Gabbard & Jon Lester. Secondly, the aforementioned Gabbard was shipped to Texas along with OF David Murphy and OF Engel Beltre for reliever Eric Gagne, who made his first appearance for the Sox today.

Today in a game where the Red Sox honored the great Bobby Doerr, the Red Sox wrapped up a series win against the Baltimore Orioles. Tim Wakefield (13-9), who has earned a decision in every one of his starts this year, won his thirteenth game of the year as the the final score was 7-4. The Red Sox were helped by arguably Doug Mirabelli's best offensive game this season, he finished with the following line:

3-3 2R 1HR 2RBI

Also of note, newly acquired reliever Eric Gagne (wearing # 83), made his first appearance for the Red Sox, pitching the ninth and allowing a run. The Sox next head to Seattle on Friday, with Jon Lester facing off against the Mariners Horacio Ramirez tomorrow night.


GO SOX!

TomC

No comments: