Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fishies!!

(PLECKY!!)(Betta-Man!)

I'm not sure anybody cares about this too much, but its what I feel like writing about right now. For me, the majority of my cigar smoking time is quiet and contemplative. I often have my cigar late in the evening after Carrie goes to bed. While I don't get the social aspect of herfing as much as some, it can be a very relaxing and refreshing experience for me. One of my favorite things to do while having that late night, meditative smoke, is to watch our fish tank. As dorky as that may sound, I spend a lot of time doing it. We have a 25 gallon tank with 7 fish in it right now. We have two male Black Mollies, and three female gold mollies, as well as the Plecostomus and Betta Fish pictured above. Now if I could only convince Carrie to let us get some Dalmatian Mollies and a couple of little catfish (either Pictus, or Cory), life would be complete!!

LOL

TomC

5 comments:

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Tell me, Tom, because I've always wondered about this; how can you tell when a fish is male or female?

And also do fish blink?

Princesse Ecossaise said...

I forgot to mention that I quite like this post.

That is all.

BSTrubClub said...

I do not believe fish blink.

As for telling sex, some fish are easier than others. For Example I have no idea what sex plecky is, but Betta man is clearly a guy, as girl Betta fish look very different. As for my Mollies the males have bigger dorsal fins they flare all the time, also I cheated and got them color coded by sex ;-).

TomC

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Aha! You sneaky cheat! Actually I didn't think about the fact that a lot of male and female fish of the same type look different. I was just being perverted and thinking of their bits and bobs. Now I feel silly.

Anonymous said...

Man, really want to know how can you be that smart, lol...great read, thanks.